HowdyYAL

Howdy YAL!

The Pregnancy Project

The Pregnancy Project: A Memoir - Gaby Rodriguez I don't think I'll read this one, mainly because the movie was so bad and even though the book claims to have a good message I just don't get what it's trying to teach me. Yes, I get that stereotypes are bad, but let's face it. If you get knocked up as a teen it's going to be difficult to succeed in life. Yes, you can get a degree and everything but it's going to be hard to do. Raising a kid is a very time expensive and time consuming job. Yes, you might be smart enough to get into Harvard but that doesn't mean you'll be able to when you have a mouth to feed. It's not because your not smart enough, but it's because you have someone else to care for. So, yes I understand what this book is trying to accomplish but I feel as if it doesn't look at the realities of teenage motherhood.Slightly related note. I recently wrote a review on the movie version of this book. If your interested in reading my thoughts click here.