HowdyYAL

Howdy YAL!

Supernaturally - Kiersten White To see full review click here:http://yalbookbriefs.blogspot.com/2012/09/supernaturally-kiersten-white.htmlReally should be 3.5 stars but Evie's bleeps have me rounding the score up. I really liked Paranormalcy. It was the first fey or feyish type book that I actually liked and sort of got and I think it was because it wasn't solely a fey book. There is so much going for this series. It has great characters. In the first book I loved how naive Evie was. In this book she's still a bit naive, but she's a bit more jaded. I liked the fact that she realized that high school wasn't as great and she sort of longed for her life with the IPCA.Reality and regrets those are some rather heavy themes. But the book wasn't all heavy. It did have it's light moments. Okay, it had a lot of light moments. But somehow the fluff in this book was sustainable.In addition to character development, I thought the plot also developed nicely in this installment. White answered lots of questions yet at the same time I had even more questions by the time this book was over and I didn't feel like these questions were added in here just to drag out the series. Everything just clicked.Despite the fact that I really liked this book, I felt like things ended ridiculously fast. The climax only took a page or two to resolved and honestly it's resolution was kind of lame. But other than that, I can't really complainBest Feature: Plot development. There were a lot of big reveals in this book that I think are going to make Endlessly a great finale. Not only were the twists excellent, but I like the fact that there actual relevant plot progression with this installment. A lot of the time in YA sequels seem a bit obligatory. Especially the second book in said series, this one did not. I felt like There was a purpose to Supernatrually and that it was actually had a role in the series.Worst Feature: Whiplash. This book's ending comes out of nowhere. Seriously, it takes Evie about a page to figure out how to get out of a certain realm and get home and the book is subsequently resolve like four pages after that. Appropriateness: Clean as a whistle. Okay, so there is some violence involving paranormal creatures. And the word "bleep" is used to replace any sort of expletive. But I think in comparison to a lot of stuff out there, this book is pretty charming.