HowdyYAL

Howdy YAL!

Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins See Full Review Here: http://yalbookbriefs.blogspot.com/2012/05/anna-and-french-kiss-stephanie-perkins.htmlI loved this book. I can't tell you how many ways I loved this book. Let's talk about Anna she has a pleasant voice that makes the book very easy to read. I also loved the way there was subtle Nicholas Sparks bashing throughout the story. Okay, so I loved The Notebook, but after awhile his books grow repetitive and depressive just like Anna's dad's work . I also loved how the relationship between Anna and St. Clair developed throughout the novel. In a genre full of insta love this was refreshing. I also liked how St. Clair wasn't Prince Charming. Sure, he was romantic and swoon worthy, but her messed up which made him seem real. Same goes with Anna too. Best Feature: Paris. If you don't love Paris already this book will make you love the city of lights. Perkins does an excellent job of setting the atmosphere. And I notice this in her other novel, Lola and the Boy Next Door which took place in San Francisco. Seriously, city tourism offices should beg Stephanie to write books set in their city. She made me love Paris so much.Worst Feature: The cover design. Okay, so the girlish part of me loves these covers and titles of these books. But I have to admit it's sort of embarrassing carrying these books around with me at the student lounge at my law school. Everyone already sort of thinks of me as the Elle Woods type because of my pink laptop and I think these books probably enhance this stereotype.Appropriateness: A few bits of cussing here and there. There is a bit of fighting. And some adult discussions. However, nothing too inappropriate here. I would say that compared to a lot of things I've read lately this book is relatively mild when it comes to inappropriateness.